Confident in our animation skills, a few fellow graduates and I endeavored to start our own company. Within a short amount of time, we found ourselves working on a variety of client projects including the opportunity to animate a Stan Lee comic series. When not working with clients, we also had our own personal project in the works; an animated series called "Rough Cuts."
- 2015 independent horror movie Unfriended. Our animation was used as promotional material on social media.
- Animated Motion Comics. We worked with Pixo a Southfield, MI based company to animate Chakra: The Invincible, a Stan Lee created hero. Chakra premiered on Cartoon Network Asia and was picked up by Rovio for their animation website toons.tv. It has since been replaced by an actual animated series of shorts as opposed to motion comics. In addition to Chakra, we also worked on the first 20 episodes of Grant Morrison's 18 Days.
- Informational "Explainer Videos". Collaboration was key to meeting client needs. We created music and provided voice-over’s when necessary.
While at BookItGlobal, formerly DivingGlobal, I was in charge of various projects in areas such as web design, graphic art, and animation. Below are some of my key roles at the company.
- Assisted with company startup utilizing Salesforce CRM software.
- Created company logo and branding strategy.
- Designed company booth and brochures for DEMA Scuba Convention.
- Built and manage company website utilizing Bootstrap framework.
- Collaborate with team in Philippines on company projects
Upon graduation from SCAD, I interned at Lansing Community College. While working for LCC, I was tasked with creating Stereo 3D animations using Maya and a proprietary plugin for a glasses-less 3D television (it was necessary to quickly learn to use the software that involved a complex rendering and stitching process). I was given the freedom to experiment; I took this opportunity to create 2D characters in stereoscopic 3D, develop texturing skills, create video game-style animation, and motion design of the LCC logo. In addition to this, I modeled surgical equipment for an educational game for the college's Surgical Tech program. Additionally, the school’s art program was in the process of being restructured and I was asked to participate by providing input.
At SCAD I focused on all aspects of Animation and while my passion is 2D, I also became well versed in Pre-Production, 3D Modeling, Texturing, and Character Animation. In addition to all of those things, I independently studied Stereoscopic 3D.
I achieved the rank of Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America. One of the last steps to Eagle Scout is to plan, develop and lead others in a service project.
- Securing Monetary and Physical Donations from local businesses
- Organizing and leading a team of people of all ages to complete the project
- Work with a local Elementary School to determine the scope of the project